Absentee voting has begun, early voting is not far behind, and Election Day is 29 days away! This means, it’s more important than ever we get the message out to the voters in our community. I know we have a lot of people who are still getting educated or may not be aware of who’s running and what’s at stake. We need to fix that and the time is now!
Over the next four weekends we will be out in full force knocking on doors. This is the most effective way for the campaign to connect – but I need your help! If you can sacrifice anywhere from 1 to 6 hours, I urge you to please sign up for one or more of our Super Saturdays – help us reach people at their homes- by clicking here! We all know what is at stake. If we are going to work together with our local communities and partner agencies to continue to make Meridian one of the best places to live, work and raise a family, it starts next Saturday at 10:00 a.m.
Later this week we will be filing our first financial disclosure form for the campaign. I want to say thank you to everyone who has contributed financially toward our efforts to date. There is a broad base of support from businesses, families, individuals, and community leaders showing support for my vision for the future of the community. My supporters know how critical this election is and that we need solid, proven leadership
I am humbled by your support and the efforts many of you have devoted to the campaign. There are no words so I will continue to say THANK YOU! But if we stop now, then all our efforts to date may not be enough. So please, consider getting out of your comfort zone, giving up a few hours on your Saturday, and help get the word out! Your assistance, your support, your voice are critical to Meridian’s future! #SimisonForMeridian
Five Ways to Help NOW
- If you haven’t made a donation to the campaign yet, we need your help! We want to get 500 people to donate $19 each (yes, that is $38 a couple and counts for 2, as long as we can tell it is from 2 people). You can make a donation by clicking here or by mailing a check, payable to Simison for Meridian, to PO Box 971, Meridian, ID 83680.
- Sign up to receive a yard sign. We will be placing our order soon and want to make sure we order enough. You can email the campaign here with your address, and we will make sure you are added to the list.
- Write a Letter to the Editor. We are already coordinating letters to the editor so we can get them submitted leading up to the election. Email the campaign here and we will follow-up with a very easy template for you to use.
- Sign up to vote absentee. Email the campaign here and we will help you get your ballot early.
- We will have several needs coming up as early as September. We will need teams of people to help put up large signs, deliver yard signs, help call voters, door knock neighborhoods, and so much more. Submit a volunteer form here and show Robert how you are willing to help support his campaign.
Please join us at a MEET AND GREET TONIGHT! Feel free to bring your friends and neighbors. Natalie and Ethan Schofield are kind enough to host. The event is from 6pm-7:30pm at 5268 S. Bleachfield Avenue. Click here to RSVP. Thanks to Jackie Jansen as well as Jake and Natalie Ball for hosting meet and greet events this month! We are planning more events in October – stay tuned for details or check out the information here.
Meet and Greet
Mon, Oct 7
7pm – 8:30pm
2145 W. Ditch Creek Dr.
Meridian Chamber Mayoral Candidate Forum
Tues, Oct 15
West Ada School District
Thurs, Oct 17
6pm – 7:30pm
1502 W. Chateau Avenue
Meet and Greet
Thurs, Oct 17
7pm – 8:30pm
2425 W. Pride Crossing Dr.
MYAC Candidate Forum
Mon, Oct 21
Meridian City Hall
Endorsements This Week
“The Meridian Fire Fighters proudly endorse Robert Simison for Mayor and Brad Hoaglun for City Council Seat 3. Robert Simison has served the City of Meridian as the Chief of Staff to Mayor De Weerd for the last 12 years. Roberts’s involvement and understanding over the last 12 years of what it takes to make Meridian a top pick in the nation to Live, Work and Play and his vision for Meridian’s tomorrows garners our support for Mayor.” – Meridian Firefighters L4627
“I’ve had the opportunity to work with Robert in various settings and in my experience, Robert has real personal passion for the Meridian community. I have seen him make sacrifices and pursue what makes the best sense to improving the future of our great, growing city. I fully endorse his candidacy as he will take the City of Meridian to a level needed for our community.” – Aaron Elton, Meridian Resident and Business Owner
We have new videos circulating on social media – please share the videos so we can get out the #SimisonForMeridian message. Thanks!