Meridian made another top ten list – this time it was #9 on Money Magazine’s top places to live in America. When I see articles like this my first thought is “shh, don’t tell.” But when you consider the methodology used for cities to make the list, we should be proud of this designation!
The magazine used nearly 160,000 different data points including economic health, cost of living, ethnic and economic diversity, public education, income, health and safety, ease of living, amenities and quality of life. Meridian landed in the TOP TEN!
We have a great city but now is a critical time for us. Growth is happening in this valley whether we want it or not. So we need to be strategic and proactive when it comes to planning and working with our partners in order to make sure our future community thrives. I am ready to take on this huge job, to guide the city toward an even brighter future!
And voting begins soon! Absentee voting starts in 12 days! Yes you read that correctly. Now is the time to fill out an absentee voter form. Click here to access the page with every step to get this done, or visit idahovotes.gov to find more voter information.
Your voice is critical in this election. Vote! Follow me on social media (icons below), share my information I post, get involved. I am grateful for your support! Thank you for all you are doing to help get the word out! #SimisonForMeridian
SHARE THE VISION! We need your help! Please set Simison for Meridian to your favorites. On Instagram go to the page and select “Following” then “Add to Close Friends List” and on Facebook go to your list of “liked” pages, select the three dots to the right, and select “See Simison for Meridian first”. Then like, comment or even share Robert’s updates!
Click here to read Leasa Stricklin’s Letter to the Editor.
Click here to read Michael Armstrong’s Letter to the Editor.
Click here to read Eva Bailey’s Letter to the Editor.
Thanks to all who hit the pavement with me this past weekend to visit with voters. “Door knocking” has been an amazing way for me to connect with Meridian residents and hear first hand what they love about our community, but also their concerns and questions. I’m planning to add even more “door knocking” events as we get closer to the election. If you’d like to join me, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please join us at a MEET AND GREET TONIGHT! Feel free to bring your friends and neighbors. Natalie and Ethan Schofield are kind enough to host. The event is from 6pm-7:30pm at 5268 S. Bleachfield Avenue. Click here to RSVP. Thanks to Jackie Jansen as well as Jake and Natalie Ball for hosting meet and greet events this month! We are planning more events in October – stay tuned for details or check out the information here.
Meet and Greet
Mon, Sept 23
6pm – 7:30pm
5268 S. Bleachfield Ave, Meridian
Endorsements This Week
“Robert has spent the last 12 years as Chief of Staff in the Mayor’s office. He is the only candidate with experience and knowledge of the workings of the city, the staff leadership team, and our community partners, as well as listening to citizens of Meridian. His experience ranges from budget development, creation of city policy to working within the state legislative processes all for the benefit of Meridian. He truly has our community in mind in all his efforts.”
– Charlie and Nancy Rountree,
Longtime Meridian Residents
“It is a privilege to support Robert in his campaign for Mayor. I’ve known Robert for many years and worked with him in various capacities on community projects and civic matters. Robert has the experience, knowledge, commitment, passion and genuine caring for the people of Meridian that are the prime requirements for the office of Mayor. I can think of no one better suited for the job.”
– James Fullinwider, Meridian Business Owner
Five Easy Ways to Help
- If you haven’t made a donation to the campaign yet, we need your help! We want to get 500 people to donate $19 each (yes, that is $38 a couple and counts for 2, as long as we can tell it is from 2 people). You can make a donation by clicking here or by mailing a check, payable to Simison for Meridian, to PO Box 971, Meridian, ID 83680.
- Sign up to receive a yard sign. We will be placing our order soon and want to make sure we order enough. You can email the campaign here with your address, and we will make sure you are added to the list.
- Write a Letter to the Editor. We are already coordinating letters to the editor so we can get them submitted leading up to the election. Email the campaign here and we will follow-up with a very easy template for you to use.
- Sign up to vote absentee. Email the campaign here and we will help you get your ballot early.
- We will have several needs coming up as early as September. We will need teams of people to help put up large signs, deliver yard signs, help call voters, door knock neighborhoods, and so much more. Submit a volunteer form here and show Robert how you are willing to help support his campaign.