In order to vote in the next election, you must meet all of the requirements below. Please keep in mind, Idahoans can register to vote in advance of the election or when they show up to vote at the polls.
- You must be 18 by Election Day
- You must be a U.S. citizen
- You must have lived in Ada County for 30 days prior to Election Day
- Provide valid photo identification (state issued ID, tribal card, U.S. passport or current student ID)
- You must provide either a state ID number or the last four digits of your social security number
- You must provide proof of residency (vehicle registration, current utility bill, bank statement, etc.)
- Felons may not register until they have completed the terms of their sentence
- If you haven’t registered to vote yet, no problem! You can save time and register to vote before election day online at the Secretary of State’s website (here). You can also register at your voting place when you go to cast your ballot. If your address has changed since the last election, take the time to update your voter registration.